What is Royal Rangers?
The Royal Rangers program is an activity-based, small group church ministry for boys and young men in grades K-12. Our mission is to evangelize, equip and empower the next generation of Christlike men and lifelong servant leaders. We provide Christlike character formation and servant leadership development for boys and young men in a highly relational and fun environment.
The Royal Rangers program is a cross-generational ministry that interconnects well with children, youth and adult ministries and fits easily into the fabric of pastoral vision and into the flow of church ministries. We affirm the male hands-on, interactive learning style by featuring an intentional discipleship journey for boys and young men based on their unique design, needs and interests. Every meeting, outing or service activity is designed to encourage boys and young men in their walk with God.
We provide men with the tools to model Christlike manhood as they mentor boys on a Bible-based, Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered journey to maturity in the faith. Boys learn to study and apply what the Bible says about integrity, doctrine, biblical worldview, cultural issues and manhood. In addition, the Royal Rangers ministry molds boys into servant leaders, teaching them vital social, equipping, attitude, leadership and service skills.
The Royal Rangers program at a local church is referred to as an "outpost" and may consist of one or more groups. Each group follows a program of activities based on the interests and abilities of boys in that group. The links below provide details on the advancement system used in each group:
- Ranger Kids - Grades K–2
- Discovery Rangers - Grades 3–5
- Adventure Rangers - Grades 6–8
- Expedition Rangers - Grades 9–12
The mission of Royal Rangers coincides with the mission of the church, as given by Christ in Matthew 28:18-20 - Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
The Royal Rangers program exists to evangelize the world, equip the next generation of Christlike men, and empower lifelong servant leaders.
- EVANGELIZE - We will reach the world with Gospel of Jesus Christ by bringing together a community of men and boys who will connect with others through a variety of activities guys commonly enjoy.
- EQUIP - We will train and resource our adult and junior leaders to effectively apply the Royal Rangers program within their areas of responsibility.
- EMPOWER - We will provide opportunities for men and boys to improve their churches and communities through the practice of servant leadership.
The Royal Rangers program utilizes seven methods to guide boys on their journey to Christlike manhood. Each method can be customized to reflect the vision and culture of your church.
Connecting Boys with a Community of Christlike Men
Men and boys build relationships side by side as they do fun things together. In Royal Rangers, boys have the opportunity to develop lasting, healthy relationships with other boys as well as men of multiple generations.
Doing Fun Things Together
Boys today have a variety of interest – sports, technology, outdoor activities, trade skills, arts, and more. The Royal Rangers ministry features a vast collection of resources to support these diverse interests. Outpost leaders are encouraged to plan a wide range of activities to appeal to the many interests of today’s boy.
Growing in Christlike Manhood
The Royal Rangers advancement system provides a systematic discipleship & leadership development process that provides boys with a roadmap to Christlike manhood. Through a combination of Bible studies, leadership lessons, and skill development boys develop a complete image of manhood as modeled by Jesus Christ in Luke 2:52 where “Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.”
Learning by Doing
Boys learn best through interactive experiences where they can hear instruction, see it demonstrated, do it themselves, and help others learn it too. Royal Rangers provides opportunities for boys to learn new things and develop new skills in a hands-on, interactive environment.
Identify with a group and belong to something big
Every boy needs to know he is significant and has a valuable role to play in something big and important. The various uniforms worn by Royal Rangers men and boys serve to identify them as a part of a worldwide organization that is building the kingdom of God in the hearts and minds of men and boys all around the world.
Growing in Leadership by Serving Others
The Royal Rangers program provides boys with opportunities to learn leadership skills and practice them in a small group setting. As they get older, boys play an increasing role in planning and leading the activities of their group.
Serving our families, churches, and communities
Service to others is a central part of the Christian faith. Therefore, any effort to help boys grow into healthy Christian men must include regular opportunities for serving others. Royal Rangers outposts are regularly engaged in activities that service their communities as they seek to make the world a better place.
The Ideals of Royal Rangers
The ideals of Royal Rangers represent the core principles by which we are defined. Our ideals are reflected in our pledge, code, motto, and the points of our emblem.
The Royal Rangers Pledge
"With God’s help, I will do my best to serve God, my church, and my fellowman; to live by the Ranger Code; to make the Golden Rule my daily rule."
The Royal Rangers Code
A Royal Ranger is:
- ALERT - He is mentally, physically, and spiritually alert.
- CLEAN - He is clean in body, mind, and speech.
- HONEST - He does not lie, cheat, or steal.
- COURAGEOUS - He is brave in spite of danger, criticism, or threats.
- LOYAL - He is faithful to his church, family, outpost, and friends.
- COURTEOUS - He is polite, kind, and thoughtful.
- OBEDIENT - He obeys his parents, leaders, and those in authority.
- SPIRITUAL - He prays, reads the Bible, and witnesses.
The Royal Rangers Motto
“Ready” - Meaning of Motto: Ready for anything! Ready to work, play, serve, worship, live, and obey God’s Word.
The Golden Rule
"In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.” (Matthew 7:12 NIV).
The Points of the Royal Rangers Emblem
The design of the Royal Rangers Emblem is based on the points of a compass to represent the direction and pathway God has given us through His Holy Word. The colors of the points have the following meaning:
- The four GOLD points represent the four ways a boy grows. The Royal Rangers program has been designed to help boys grow mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially, following the example of Jesus Christ in Luke 2:52.
- The four RED points represent the four core beliefs of the Church: Salvation, Baptism in the Holy Spirit, Divine Healing, and the Second Coming of Christ.
- The eight BLUE points represent the eight points of the Royal Rangers Code. A Royal Ranger is Alert, Clean, Honest, Courageous, Loyal, Courteous, Obedient, and Spiritual.